Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bloomvegas

This is the first blog entry.

Bloomington, Indiana.  I think you're great.  I do however suggest that you print a shirt with your name on it so that I can wear one every day and think about my new favorite city.  I mean seriously.  I looked in like, four different stores.  I'm not going to buy/wear/support hoosier clothing...  but a Bloomington shirt... Yes.
I digress... Bloomington.  It's like Bizzaro world.  It's exactly Athens, Georgia but new to me.  It's great.   As said in Chester A. Arthurs' autobiography, "Bloomington is pretty much exactly like Athens with more options for Italian American cuisine and Thai food."
Another difference, Bloomington gets more expensive as the week progresses while Athens is just always cheap.  $2 Tues. 3$ Thurs. and I can only assume $4 Friday.  Oh, and girl I met with tattoo pants had never had PBR!  What!?!?!?!  She looked like Cheetarah. ThunderCats.
Like Athens, the good people of Bloomington, Indiana love buying shots for strangers and inviting said strangers to sleep at their homes.  Good people.  Salt of the earth.
Bloomington, Indiana is also home to my new favorite band The Calumet Reel.  Four part harmonies and Country music Johnny Greenwood crazy guitar awesomeness.  I mean... how could that possibly miss?  They were great, and helped with a great turnout of folks.
I saw a submarine yesterday.  An assortment of large wheels.  We almost got killed by a dude who didn't fasten his sheet metal properly for transporting. 


Ben's Driving.  Lera's sleeping.  I'm shotgun.  Pretty sure Ck's back there somewhere.
I65 South to Louisville.


No comments:

Post a Comment