Sunday, February 19, 2012

Me? Carbondale. By way of Paducah.

Carbondale, Illinois.
I like to say Carbondale the way I imagine the barkeep in a Mark Twain book would sound.  "Carbondale?  Me?  No.  You can take a look at them books, but no sir.  The discrepancy is mostly due to my hobby as a beesmen and of course my... untraditional earnings.  Union dollars." said the barkeep to Huck.
-Mark Twain
Illinois.  The land of Lincoln.  My home state.  Last night at the Hangar 9... four Bens played on stage.  Lydia Loveless bass player, Ben.  Hackensaw Boys bass player Ben.  Me bass player and Bennet Lewis on lead guitar (Lera Lynn).
Thoughts about the Quality Inn in Carbondale-  Obvious knife holes in the drapes.  A very liberal use of the word "bed."  Broken clock doesn't help pass time.  Lighting gear left after obvious "illegal" video shoot.  BUT- breakfast waffle iron present.  It's also a good place for a late night mustache party.
Team Lera Lynn just invested in a white board so we can communicate with other road travelers and truckers.  Initial response from Truckers: negative.  I guess as a group they lack a sense of humor.  Cars people though, they love it.  
I'm doing a Dali thing.  Lera- the Gomez.
Bens doing a Charlie Chaplin/ Michael Jordan thing.  Not an Adolf.

Keep on truckin'.
See you in Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment