Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New York to raLEIGH

New York.  Terrytown.  Old timey.  The venue held 840 people, and coincidentally, 840 people came to the show.  The good people of Terrytown are just wonderful people. Could be my favorite show of the tour so far.  Could be.  And its right next to Sleepy Hollow.  Yeah.  That's right.  Sleepy Hollow is a real place!  Ichabod!
Side note.  Quiozno's on the New Jersey turnpike is awful.  I couldn't eat mine and Ben was upset that he ate his.  We're officially a Subway band now.
Then New York City happened to me.  And Ali.  What a delightful person.  What a laugh.  And she's one of those people who laugh at the fact that they're laughing and it just goes in a circle.  Me and Lera got in a fight with a guy who runs a karaoke bar.  And then we ran away and got separated and I got lost in Manhattan, which turned into a big ordeal.  And now I have a bruise on my arm.
Sent post cards.
Got up at 5:30 AM, so that I could sleep in the van while Ben drove us to raLEIGH!  Leigh runs Raleigh pretty well.  She keeps the city clean.  And she makes waffles.  Maybe.  I'm watching her try right now.  Actually enough time has passed now to confirm.  She does indeed make waffles.
The good news is that soon I'll get to see Mr. and Mrs. Leighs' parents.  The sad news is that we're about to Leigh-ve her and head on down to Charlotte.
The good news is that my girlfriend gave me a cd with The Welcome Wagon on it.
The bad news is that Lera has a cold.  Watch out.
"It's so hard to sing when you have a cold, and then it takes like two weeks to get better."- Lera Lynn
My easter celebration.

Team NYC

Leigh painted this art for Ben.

Look at Leigh.  Trying to make waffles.  

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed your set at Tarrytown (the proper spelling). And that Sleepy Hollow is the real one that Washington Irving wrote about (he lived a few miles south). Glad you enjoyed your brief stay.

    ReplyDelete