Friday, April 6, 2012

Alexannapolis


Alexandria vs. Annapolis.
The first two shows as a trio are complete.  And my fingers are covered in blisters.  This upright bass is a monster.
Typically, Alexandria would win this due to the fact that Hotel Monaco has robes and is one block away from where I enjoyed my post show Chipotle burrito.  But, Roy went to the Naval Academy, so that really swings things the Annapolis way.  I'm just not sure yet.  
Oh my gosh!  We're on tour with Joan Osborne.  And she's on tour with Richard, who gets my vote for best bass player on this tour.  Everyone in her band is just amazing.  And they're cool.  It's all working out just fine.  But CK isn't here, so we're writing post cards to him.  
This is interesting- every time we order food, I'm glad that I got what I ordered instead of what Lera ordered.  It never misses.  No matter what city, restaurant, bar, club, gas station, food cart, grocery store... I just order better.  I believe I've mentioned it before, but the secret is to as often as possible, get the BLT.  I cannot stress this point enough.  Because it's not even really filling.  It's light, but it's bacon.  And often it's on Rye.  
We drove through the nation's capitol yesterday.  Lera's first.  We showed her where government is made, tried to find the White House and found the Arlington Cemetery instead, so we decided Lera wouldn't get to see where Obama lives.  And also, Lera will believe just about anything you say about history or government if you say it with confidence so I also showed her the underpass where JFK was shot.
Onward.  Tonight we storm Philly.
Alexandria vs. Annapolis or what is commonly cited as the Roy vs. Chipotle debate.

Hotel Monaco.  Lera looking famous.  Ben looking rad.

"That's it?"- Lera Lynn.

Hello Ck.

No comments:

Post a Comment