Saturday, April 21, 2012

Post Osborne Tour.

I learned how to play the stand up bass in two weeks.  And then I played it for the Punch Brothers.  Dammit.  Mistake.
Going over the trip now.  Had a blast and met one gazillion cool people.  Mr. and Mrs. Leighs parents were outstanding hosts.  They even treated us to after show ice cream and booze.  That's one step away from just flat out throwing us a surprise party.  AND they sent me my boots after I forgot them.  I guess I need to send Sallie some mixes or CD's or something.  Oh, wait.  A postcard.
I'm going to take time right now to say, if you'd like a postcard from the band while we're on the road, just email us your address.  Leralynnband@gmail.com
It's not a guarantee, but it increases your chances.  Stamps aren't free, but on the main page, our cover of Ring of Fire is.
The best thing that can happen is when we laugh on stage.  During a song.  During the final song.  And we can't really finish.  You're welcome TV on the Radio.  Miss Lera and Myself caught a case of the giggles about thirty seconds to early in Knoxville.  No matter.  We got it back together in Nashville the next night at 3rd and Lindsley.  Our booking agent took us out to lunch just to prove to us he doesn't like chickpeas.
I used to think about how cool it would be if I knew the way a song went and then went to the bands show and then the singer would be like, "Oh no!  Our bass player can't play this song tonight!  Can anyone please help?!?!" and I'd get pulled up on stage and then I'd show Joe Perry a cool backup vocal for Sweet Emotion that they never sang before and he would do it every night for the rest of time.  Well, Ben got to play mandolin for Joan Osborne the last four nights of tour, and that was pretty rad.  See you in Davenport.
Mr. and Mrs. Leighs parents insist on only owning the coolest of things.
Why is North Carolina so pretty?
Bennet Lewis playing a weird tiny guitar with Joan Osborne.
NPR Mountain stage.  More people were there than what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment