Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Motor magic city stick

Detroit. Ever since we've been on the way to the venue, the Magic Stick, Lil Kim's song, "Magic Stick," has been infinately looping in my head. Her lyrics are explicit. You've been warned.

One thing I realized last night at the Magic Stick... I need to get a handle on my profanity. Today I've made it my goal to forego profane expression. Fingers crossed.

Last night I walked back stage, just after the Punch Bros started their set, to fill my glass with wine. It was there that I discovered the off-center brilliance of those guys, only this time it had nothing to do with music. Low and behold there was a piece of chewed gum on a piece of new bread. I suspected it was the work of Noam Pikelny. I was correct. Please see exhibits 1 and 2 below. The thing that blew my mind was the proximity of said act to the waste recepticle. To take it a step further, he admitted to removing the bread from the bag specifically for the gum. He could've put it on the wall but he's a nice guy.

In the basement of the Magic Stick is a bowling alley. With some borrowed socks I donned the shoes and took home 3rd place (or was it 4th?) in a post-show roll with the whole gang. Turns out, I have finisher's luck. Kindof. Ben bowled a 68. But he had some extra style points. Of course. --LL
You're seeing the heads of Chris Eldridge and Ben Lewis and the pre-bowl stance of Paul "Arco."
One of the Punch Brothers gum on a piece of bread.  (Close up.)
Bread with gum, on the table.  (Lower left hand of the picture).
Trash can.  5 ft away.  (Upper right).
Who's feeling awesome now?

No comments:

Post a Comment