Monday, June 4, 2012

Punch-drunk hoe-down

I'm really not an overly emotional person. I mean, I'm sensitive to others and compassionate but I don't do a lot of crying; at least not in public. When I saw Dave and Gillian at the Georgia Theatre last fall it was a full moon and I cried like a baby through most of their set. That was a first for me. Last night the moon was full(ish) again and listening to the Punch Brothers was a second, but the feeling was more euphoric this time. Holy Jesus they are overwhelmingly perfect and inspiring. I stood among the sold out audience of Cleveland, Ohio's Beechland Ballroom and felt like I was floating around somewhere close to the ceiling. How did we get on this tour with them? Dreams coming true. Quite a satisfying feeling. What's more satisfying than that? Playing old Patsy Cline songs with Chris Thile and the guys on their bus til the wee hours. Yep.

Oh yeah I should mention that the voice you should be reading this with is mine, ol' Lera Lynn here. Lil Benny Wills is relaxing at home for the next fews days with Ck. I hope they're having as much fun as we are.

Excited to come back to Cleveland in August. Really fucking great audience. Very respectful and energetic. Tonight we're in Detroit. Tomorrow we have a day off which I plan to spend sleeping ;)
Us in our rental Versa.  We still haven't figured out how the door locks work.  Very mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment