Friday, June 1, 2012

Wilmington NC

We've stayed the night in some pretty nasty places, but this one takes the cake.
But first, our first night ever in Wilmington, Soapbox Laundro-Lounge, wonderful club, awesome sound guy, awesome owner and awesome crowd.  Steve came out. Mrs. Leigh's Mom and Miss Leigh's sister came and surprised us... the evening was just really great.  You, or at least I wouldn't think that a music venue/ actual laundro-mat wouldn't work, and we'd be wrong.  That place is crazy rad.  Our first of many shows there I hope.
And then we decided that it was a good idea to try to drive to Charlotte, and ended up in a Budget Inn in the middle of nowhere.
Upon entering said motel, it was clear that I wouldn't be sleeping underneath covers.  We pulled the covers back anyways just out of curiosity I suppose and the bed was full of hair.  But that's probably the usual when instead of a bed frame your mattresses are just on top of bricks.  Lera put on a pair of my suit pants and one of my shirts- popped collar- to ensure that none of her skin touched the sheets.  Ben Lewis attempted to hang a hammock in the room from the front door to the bathroom door in hopes of not touching a single piece of the room.  And me... well I took the bass out of the soft shell case, and slept for three hours in my case.  Then I move outside to find that the entire motel is booked with migrant workers who were outside waiting for their rides to work, so I have a cigarette with them, and then try to fall asleep in the van as they wander around in the parking lot.  They laugh.  I laugh.  I admit to myself that there's no way I'm going to fall asleep.  I fall asleep.
But I'm serious when I say, I love doing this.  Upward and onward.  Charlotte NC tonight.
Good.
If you need a postcard, just send us your address.  Leralynnband@gmail.com

Ben will even write you one as he drives.

Hammock attempt.  
Lera's bed.  Tile floor.  Bricks.  Mattress.


Chinese magic traps bought to celebrate not being murdered last night.


No comments:

Post a Comment