Monday, March 19, 2012

Albany?

Sleep when we're dead. As if SXSW would leave us feeling nourished and rested. With 4 hours of fitful sleep and healthy hangovers, Ben Lewis and I made it onto our Albany bound plane by the skin of our teeth. Albany I can't quite put a finger on. People were smoking joints and drinking in the streets. To my disappointment, I was told St. Patrick was to blame.  Ben Wills, incredibly talented and charming bassist, usually writes these here blog posts. But since he's not on this duo tour with us, I'll do my best to wear his shoes.  Last night Ben and I played our biggest acoustic duo show thus far, and our first as support for Sarah Joarsz, with Nathaniel Smith and Alex Hargreaves. I swear those kids are aliens. They're so good! Looking forward to several more days on the road with them. Good people.  The route from Albany to Burlington is breathtaking. This is our first time seeing upstate NY. Our rental car was outfitted with a snow/ice scraper. I didn't know what it was at first glance. Oh yeah, we're way up north. It snows. And freezes. But this week weather.com predicts temps in the low 70's. Lucky for us.  Until tomorrow, Lera
The Egg

The Egg Outside.   Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment