Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Best Kept Secret of Mass: Northampton

The problem with fun towns and good people is that you usually carry a reminder of them with you all day; a hangover. At least hangovers don't usually mean you had a shitty time. I for one had a fantastic time in Northampton.  Two things about this tour are new: 1. We're playing solely acoustic 2. We're in the Northeast for the first time.  I'm not sure which variable is to blame but we've sold out of cds. What a great problem. The fans of Sarah Jarosz seem to understand how helpful their purchases are. Could they be truly altruistic or is there another force at work there? Regardless, I dig it.  Ben and I have our first day off since New Orleans. How long ago was that? 10 days? That's not so bad. We're taking advantage of a friend's unoccupied  Rhode Island beach pad. She says there's boards, wetsuits and beer waiting for us. Maybe I'll finally catch a real wave. We're coming down to the last few shows of the tour. I gotta admit, I'm a little sad about it.  LL
Our new friend and protector in Northampton, Amanda.

What we did pre-show in Northampton.

Our little rental car has been treatin us right.

No comments:

Post a Comment