Sunday, March 11, 2012

Destin-ation


The best part about being in a van for long periods of time is coming up with games like, have Lera draw a tattoo on me and then have her turn it into a new tattoo.  So first, she gave me a bass clef, and then turned it into an old timey Mexican drinking cowboy. 

The best part about playing music while people are eating is that you get to feel like you’re in the one-ders.  “THAT’S IT, GUY PATTERSON!! THE WONDERS! THE ONE-DERS.” 

Florida is hard for me, because I’m terrified of the ocean’s undertow.  And large fish.  Everything.  The Ocean is scary.  But not so scary that I wont get in and splash around and try to pretend that I’m not scared.  And nice try the beach, but not even you can keep CK from sleeping. 

The Shed in Destin is the fastest meal service that I am aware of.  Additionally, they have a helicopter that you can play in.   Got to play with our new friends the Delta Saints, who are a kick ass rock and roll blues harmonica dobro playing music band with two Bens, just like us. 

So far this little tour has felt pretty much like a vacation. The sand looks like snow.  Upward and onward.  SXSW bound.
Can you see the bass clef? Lera is an artist.

Lera and the Bens.

Ck Koch.
4 Bens.

Black Hawk Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment